1) Hear crash while blogging
2) Run outside to investigate noise (forget to grab cell phone - CRITICAL detail here)
3) Run back inside to retrieve cell phone to call 911.
4) Slip on doormat while running into house, end up sprawled out, knee hurting (but not looking yet)
5) Jump up, grab phone, run (hobble) back out to the scene - dialing 911 along the way.
6) Conclude call, look at knee... knee is purple with blood running down my leg from a gash that looked like a mouth just above my knee-cap
7) Ask stander-by, DR. So-and-so (as was PLAINLY displayed on his shirt) his professional opinion.
8) Shun his plea to go get stitched
9) WALK (LIMP) back into the house to get facecloth to clean my "wound"
10) Return to scene... ask EMT HIS opinion
11) Shun HIS offer to be transported to the hospital
12) Convinced EMT to wrap up my knee, signed a waiver, asked for Percs, got denied
13) Found a lone "butterfly bandage" to close the "mouth" on my leg that was laughing at my demonstrated "grace"
Notes: The driver, although taken by ambulance as a precaution, did NOT have a scratch on him...
The car.... Apparently a brand new Toyota wasn't so lucky - uh, TOTALLED !!!
My Knee... no longer "laughing", hurts like hell.....